Rhinoplasty in Huntsville
RHINOPLASTY is a surgical procedure that can reshape the nose. Some of the reasons a Rhinoplasty may be chosen are:
- Congenital or inherited nasal deformity. This may be a hump, a broad or drooping tip, a big nose, or a combination of all of these.
- Traumatic deformity, as from a broken nose. This can often affect breathing and may involve the septum.
- Correction necessary after a less than satisfactory nasal surgery.
- Difficult breathing associated with nasal shape or with internal problems. A SEPTOPLASTY corrects internal blockage.
- Nasal disproportion with the chin or other facial areas can be addressed through Rhinoplasty.
A thorough consultation with Dr. Bundrick is essential to arrive at a surgical plan that will allow each patient to understand the achievable balance between different parts of the nose as well as the face. Dr. Bundrick strives to meet each patient’s individual desires in a way that looks good, that functions well with breathing, and that does NOT LOOK DONE or SURGICAL.
- RHINOPLASTY is usually done as an outpatient surgery under general anesthesia. It can be combined with a SEPTOPLASTY or CHIN IMPLANT.
- There may be a splint or cast on the nose for a week or so.
- Packing or removable splints may be used especially if the internal nose is straightened.
- There could be bruising or swelling around the eyes.
- The result will mature and improve for several months to a year after surgery as swelling subsides.
- Other procedures such as a chin implant may add facial balance and enhance the overall result.