Gynecomastia in Huntsville
GYNECOMASTIA treatment is the reduction of the male breast.
- Gynecomastia can affect up to 50% of males at puberty because of hormonal imbalances, yet the condition often subsides with time.
- Gynecomastia can also be seen in males when taking hormone treatment such as testosterone supplementation.
- Treatment can usually be successful with a combination of SMART LIPO (laser assisted) and PAL (power assisted) LIPOSUCTION.
- If the breast tissue is too large or firm, it may require open surgical removal.
- Very large breasts, in a “C” cup or larger, may require skin excision and reshaping.
- Surgery is usually done as outpatient under general anesthesia. A surgical binder or vest is worn for compression. Bruising and swelling generally subside over a 3-6 week period. There are little physical limitations other than initial soreness as nothing is done to the underlying muscles.
- Individual consultation is essential to achieve a maximal improvement. Dr. Bundrick will help you understand what to expect and what will achieve your best result.