Chin & Cheek Augmentation in Huntsville
CHIN AUGMENTATION or MENTOPLASTY is a surgical procedure to provide better chin projection and width by placing an implant over the projection of the chin and mandible.
- This surgery can often help facial symmetry and balance a larger nose. It is often done at the same time as a RHINOPLASTY to add overall harmony.
- A small incision is usually placed in the small crease under the neck and a pocket is created to just fit the implant.
- Surgery is done as an outpatient and usually with general anesthesia.
- There may be swelling and bruising. There can be some associated numbness due to stretching. These symptoms usually resolve over the first few weeks after surgery.
- A consultation with Dr. Bundrick can help answer questions and choose the best procedure for each individual patient.