Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) in Huntsville
An ABDOMINOPLASTY is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the abdomen.
- Abdominoplasty may be indicated following pregnancy, weight loss, or previous surgery scars in the lower abdomen.
- Muscle repair to improve core strength is often done as there can be marked stretching with multiple pregnancies or twins.
- Excess skin is removed through an extended bikini incision.
- This surgery is often done as an outpatient but requires help at home for several days to assist in walking and getting up and down.
- Most people can return to work in 2 weeks or less.
- Men can often be back to work in a week if no muscle repair is needed.
- LIPOSUCTION is commonly used to reshape the back half of the waistline and to improve contours.
- Fat is usually directly excised to reshape the abdominal area and enhance the umbilicus.
- A consultation with Dr. Bundrick will allow the best surgical plan for each person.